Choose any of the following areas to tell us about your level of experience and interest. If you list multiple areas, list them in order of preference, with top choice first.
For Kitchen (there are some prep shifts) and Registration please indicate if you are willing arrive 2 days early. For Set Up, you must be available the week prior to Buckeye. If accepted, you may be asked to work in more than one area, including areas you did not list, as qualified, if the need arises. Please let us know about limitations you have in any area. In areas with a star*, tell us your physical capabilities.
- Set Up*: Clean, prepare site. Chop wood, erect structures, physical labor. Requires arriving the week prior to Buckeye, April 24-29.
- Grounds Crew / Take Down*: Onsite maintenance during Buckeye: physical labor/chores, village runner, etc. Shifts all week, be prepared to miss some classes. Requires staying after Buckeye for 2 days, through May 8th, to take down and prep for 2nd week.
- Kitchen*: Prep, cook, volunteer coordination. The kitchen needs the most work traders. Some kitchen positions require arriving 2 days early; please indicate if you are available for these.
- Wellness: Medical/herbal experience, various modalities. References help. Seeking licensed EMTs for full time on call. Only a few spots available.
- Family Camp: Work all week with a youth leader to help integrate the young ones, including teens, into camp. Requires experience & references.
- Registration: Arrive early, will be in addition to working in another area. Only a few spots available, preference usually given to people we have previous experience with Buckeye registration.
Example answer for qualifications:
Kitchen: I’m willing to work either all week or arrive early. I’ve worked as a prep cook and in the volunteer/work trade kitchens at several events, including Wintercount, the KOOK festival, and worked private catering events (see references). I love to jump into feeding everyone, and feel confident in any kitchen capacity, including volunteer coordination – I offer mellow, clear people skills and a good sense of the human flow (Team Relations!).
Set Up: I feel competent taking direction, happy to arrive early for the full setup shift. I am of medium strength, comfortable with lifting, squatting, building, etc.